Big news! Our essay book hits Amazon in July!
The Complete College Essay Handbook demystifies the entire college essay writing process with easy-to-follow directions and hands-on activities that have worked for hundreds of students.
Maschal, a former admissions officer, and Wood, a professional writer and writing teacher, draw on their combined expertise to help students craft a successful set of application essays for every school on their list. Supplemental essays in particular can seem overwhelming—some schools ask students to write as many as six essays in addition to the personal statement. Maschal and Wood identify four types of supplemental essays, walking students through how to write each one and then how to recycle these essays for other schools.
The Complete College Essay Handbook walks students through:
- What makes an essay stand out, drawing on sample essays by real students to illustrate main points
- Brainstorming activities to find the best topics for the personal statement and supplemental essays
- How to write the two central components of every application essay: scene and reflection
- Editing and revision—including techniques to cut down or expand an essay to hit the word limit
- The four types of supplemental essays and how to decode the different essay prompts, using actual essay questions
- The strategy behind a well-rounded set of application essays
The Complete College Essay Handbook is a no-frills, practical guide that will give students the confidence and know-how they need to craft the best essays for every single school on their list—in less time and with less stress.
We hope you grab a copy next month and let us know what you think!