Small Group Creative Writing Workshop
Do you want to expand your interest in creative writing, especially as you seek to pursue studying the humanities or other liberal arts majors in college? Are you looking for mentorship as you work toward opportunities to publish your work and/or compete in writing competitions? Join our creative writing workshop group this summer!
During weekly meetings, groups of 4-6 students will refine their understanding of the techniques that define each creative genre—fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction. There will be two classes on fiction, two classes on poetry, and two on personal essays. Students will leave each class meeting with a new piece of writing, on which they’ll receive detailed, personalized feedback.
- The course consists of eight live sessions
- Each session is for 1.5 hours over Zoom
- Each meeting will consist of a half-hour of lecture and discussion, a half-hour of in-class writing time, and a half-hour of sharing that writing for feedback from the instructor
- Students in grades 9-12
- Submit a writing sample with the application
- Have a strong command of the English language
- TOEFL score of 100 minimum
*Stay in the know! Subscribe*