What is demonstrated interest?
Demonstrated interest (DI) is something universities measure to determine the level of interest a student has in their school. It may include:
- Signing up for a mailing list
- Opening and clicking through emails
- Reading a school’s website
- Attending a webinar or virtual info session
- Attending an on-campus info session or tour
- Attending a college fair and talking to an admissions rep
- Talking to students, staff, or faculty
- Submitting optional components of an application
- Following or engaging with a school on social media
- Applying early decision
College Kickstart has compiled a list of popular colleges where the Common Data Set entry for “level of applicant’s interest” is reported as important or very important. Head over to their site for the list!
*Stay in the know! Subscribe*