Making Caring Common’s Youth Advisory Board is a diverse group of high school students from across the country who are committed to making schools more caring and respectful places through everyday interactions. Members guide our understanding of and help devise solutions to the most pressing moral issues and social challenges of their peer groups, such as bullying and exclusion. They provide feedback on our ideas, share their thoughts on current events, and make sure we’re on the right track when communicating information to young people.
We are looking for young people with the following characteristics:
- Passion for making their school and community more kind and inclusive
- Creativity about ways to connect with young people
- Ability to inspire other youth and adults to action
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the following values: caring, responsibility toward others, and justice
We are particularly interested in including young people who are not typically identified as leaders in their schools, those who may be socially marginalized, and those who represent minority groups within their school community.
The deadline to apply is October 4, and you can submit your application here.
*Stay in the know! Subscribe*