Private Facebook Group
Do you have questions about completing the Common Application? Want free news, tips, and advice that will help guide you as you fill it out? Then join our private Facebook group, Conquer the Common Application, and get started! The Common App rolls over year-to-year so you can open an account at any time.
General College Planning
- Colleges That Change Lives (CTCL)
- “A” Options for “B” Students, US News Best Colleges
- Best Value Colleges, US News Best Colleges
- Best Values in Private Colleges, Kiplinger
- Best Values in Public Colleges, Kiplinger
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities, US News Best Colleges
- Women’s Colleges
Paying For College & Research Tools
- BigFuture (The College Board), Comprehensive College Research Tools
- Big Future (The College Board), Majors and Careers
- FAFSA: www.fafsa.blogspot.com
- US DOE Financial Aid: www.studentaid.ed.gov
- NCES College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
- Fastweb: www.fastweb.com
- Scholarships.com: www.scholarships.com
- Cappex: www.cappex.com
The SAT was designed to assess your academic readiness for college and includes a math and reading/writing section.
- All SAT dates, deadlines and registration information for test takers in the U.S. can be found here and for International test takers here.
The ACT is a national college admissions examination that consists of subject area tests in English, Math, Reading, and Science. The ACT with Writing also includes a Writing section. You can read more about the ACT here.
- All ACT dates, deadlines and registration information for test takers in the U.S. can be found here and for International test takers here.
Looking for test prep options locally or online? Email us for suggestions based on our work with a number of reputable test prep providers.
Online Prep Resources
Remember, not all colleges and universities require standardized tests. To read more about the test-optional movement and find lists of test-optional schools, head over to FairTest.