Complete Your Common Application Essay in One Week!
Have some extra time this summer? Want to get the most important piece of writing in your college application completed efficiently, effectively, and early?
In one week of focused 1:1 work with an essay expert, you will be able to check a very important college application item off your list: the Common Application essay.
More specifically, in this program you will:
- Attend a live session to learn what makes a successful Common Application essay.
- Complete our specialized brainstorming process, working with an essay expert 1:1 to decide on the most unique approach to your essay.
- Draft your essay and receive detailed, targeted feedback to take it from a rough draft to a polished final essay—in four days!
You’ll also get access to sample personal statements by real-life students we’ve worked with (and who have gained admission to selective colleges and universities!).
When is this program offered?
- This course is offered on-demand! Let us know your preferred week, and we will reach out to you with our availability. If we are not available for your preferred week, we will work with you to find another time that fits both of our schedules.
Who should sign up for this program?
- Rising seniors who are ready to write their Common App essay (aka the personal statement) and who have a significant chunk of time each day to dedicate to it over the course of one week.
How do I get more information and pricing?
Colleges are now offering interviews online via various platforms. We are offering interview prep sessions via Zoom and Google Meet this summer and fall.
Here’s a sampling of schools offering online interviews:
William & Mary
Practice with a parent or friend, or practice with us! Never go to an interview unprepared! Learning how to interview if a skill for life, not just for the college process. Email us if you are interested in learning how to ace your online interview.
Colleges love seeing students take part in meaningful, self-directed work.
We help students in grades 9-11 create purpose projects—a project that you design and implement (with our help!), which taps into your interests and talents (the things you love, that bring you joy, that you want to study in college, or that you feel could best help your school, community, or the world). A purpose project is connected to a deeper purpose and has tangible outcomes that you set.
Past projects from our students include writing a children’s book, completing a literature review or book challenge, creating a trailer for a documentary (and founding a non-profit, a school club, an app), spearheading an innovative volunteer event, fundraising for an organization in a creative way (selling artwork, an Etsy shop, etc.), and hosting a yearly beach clean-up. The possibilities are endless!
Email us if you are interested in learning about our passion project support.