Office Hours: Undergrad Business Applicant Discussion
Mark your calendar for June 13, 7 pm Eastern. We’ll explore what it takes to be a competitive undergrad business applicant, the difference between studying business and economics (and which path might be right for you), high school course selection and other ways to demonstrate quant skills, and finally, how to develop a differentiated academic narrative and corresponding resume.
More information will be posted on the blog—subscribe for updates!
Calling All Artists!
Visual/Artistic Portfolio Coaching
Justin’s course begins with a review of the student’s interests and background in the arts and continues through personalized assignments. Included are routine progress check-ups, constructive critiques, and the provision of relevant historical materials. To develop a high-quality portfolio of approximately 10-15 artworks, students will embark on 15 one-hour-long meetings focused on technical proficiency, experimentation with a variety of mediums and practices, and a continued focus or theme.
For a more detailed outline of the course or information regarding how we help students develop artistic portfolios and write artist statements of purpose, please email us or call 609-618-3584.
Complete Your Common Application Essay in One Week!
Want to get the most important piece of writing in your college application completed efficiently and effectively?
In one week of focused work with an essay expert, you will be able to check a very important college application item off your list: the Common Application essay.
More specifically, in this program you will:
- Attend a live session to learn what makes a successful Common Application essay.
- Complete our specialized brainstorming process, working with an essay expert 1:1 to decide on the most unique approach to your essay.
- Draft your essay and receive detailed, targeted feedback to take it from a rough draft to a polished final essay—in four days!
You’ll also get access to sample personal statements by real-life students we’ve worked with (and who have gained admission to selective colleges and universities!).
When is this program offered?
- This course is offered on-demand! Let us know your preferred week, and we will reach out to you with our availability. If we are not available for your preferred week, we will work with you to find another time that fits both of our schedules.
Who should sign up for this program?
- Juniors and seniors who are ready to write their Common App essay (aka the personal statement) and who have a significant chunk of time each day to dedicate to it over the course of one week. This means they have time every day, for seven days, to work on their essay.
How do I get more information and pricing?
- Please email us! For information about one-on-one college counseling, please visit this page.
Colleges interviews have moved online, and we are offering interview prep sessions via Zoom and Google Meet this summer and fall.
Practice with a parent or friend, or practice with us, but never go to an interview unprepared! Learning how to interview is a skill for life, not just for the college process. Email us if you are interested in learning how to ace your virtual interview.
Colleges love seeing students take part in meaningful, self-directed work.
We help students in grades 9-11 create purpose projects—a project they design and implement (with our help!), which taps into their interests and talents (the things they love, that bring them joy, that they want to study in college, or that they feel could best help their school, community, or the world). A purpose project is connected to a deeper purpose and has tangible outcomes that the student sets.
Past projects from our students include writing a children’s book, completing a literature review or book challenge, creating a trailer for a documentary (and founding a non-profit, a school club, an app), spearheading an innovative volunteer event, fundraising for an organization in a creative way (selling artwork, an Etsy shop, etc.), and hosting a yearly beach clean-up. The possibilities are endless!
Email us if you are interested in learning more.