Conquer the Common Application
Do you have questions about completing the Common Application? Join our Facebook group to get started!
General College Planning
- Colleges That Change Lives (CTCL)
- “A” Options for “B” Students, US News Best Colleges
- Best Value Colleges, US News Best Colleges
- Best Values in Private Colleges, Kiplinger
- Best Values in Public Colleges, Kiplinger
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities, US News Best Colleges
- Women’s Colleges
- BigFuture (The College Board), Comprehensive College Research Tools
- Big Future (The College Board), Majors and Careers
Paying For College
- Financial Aid:
The SAT and SAT Subject Tests are a suite of tools designed to assess your academic readiness for college.
- All SAT dates, deadlines and registration information for test takers in the U.S. can be found here and for International test takers here.
- Some students opt to take SAT IIs or SAT Subject tests. Subject Tests are hour-long, content-based tests that allow you to showcase achievement in specific subject areas where you excel. You can read more about and register for Subject Tests here.
The ACT is a national college admissions examination that consists of subject area tests in English, Math, Reading, and Science. The ACT with Writing also includes a Writing section. You can read more about the ACT here.
- All ACT dates, deadlines and registration information for test takers in the U.S. can be found here and for International test takers here.
Online Prep Resources
Remember, not all colleges and universities require standardized tests. To read more about the test-optional movement and test optional schools, head over to FairTest.